Thank you for your post.
This issue can be caused if the Intel® My WiFi feature is not installed or corrupt.
To reset the feature see the steps below:
- Go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a program
- Double-click on the Intel® PROSet Wireless Software
- This opens the “Install Shield Wizard” window
- Click on “Next” select “Change”
- Click on the drop-down menu left to “Intel® My WiFi Technology”
- Select the last option “X Entire feature will be unavailable”
- Click on “Next”, wait for the “Install Shield Wizard” to finish and click on “Finish”
- To reinstall the feature follow the steps from 1 to 5 then 9 and 10.
- Select the last option “Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive”
- Click on “Change”, wait for the “Install Shield Wizard” to finish and click on “Finish”
If you are actually missing the software (cannot find the Intel® PROSet wireless software) then you may download it from the link below, you would download the ‘Wireless_15.2.0_s32.exe’ if you have Windows* 7 32 bit, or ‘Wireless_15.2.0_s64.exe’ if you have Windows* 7 64 bit:
I have exactly the same problem with what looks like the same set-up as Lilach. Do you have a fix? Is it possible that the system is deliberately disabled? The laptop is a corporate issued laptop so I am a bit nervous about making too many tweaks but I tried your suggestion above and it didn't work.
In this case, what I can suggest, is updating the drivers of your system using the recommended drivers from the system manufacturer and try again, you can also use this link and update the first three drivers for your system:
Software and drivers for Intel® Wireless Display
Make sure that you select the correct version type for your operating system 32 or 64 bit version, also please install the drivers in the following order: 1 - Wireless (WiFi) Driver, 2 - Graphics Driver, 3 - Wireless Display Software, 4 - WiDi Widget (optional). It is also recommended to restart the PC after each driver or software installation.
Once you complete the process please try again and see if this procedure solves the problem.