I had a power failure and my 80gb G2 drive is now suffering the 8mb bug. Serial is BAD_CTX 0502BB081. Is this a different case than the famous ...13x one?
Can anyone (preferably intel) confirm that data is absolutely 100% lost? It seems quite strange that the NAND chips can loose all data just like that, but that the drive can be used again after a secure erase...
Then there are dozens of companies online that claim they can restore the data from SSD's suffering power failure. It's very pricy though. Did anyone who had this bug try it ?
Gilllware Data Recovery now has the ability to recover data from Intel solid-state drives after the 8MB bug or CTX errors.
This is a breakthrough for the data recovery industry and more is available at on our blog.
Please contact us if you are interested in recovering data from a 320 series Intel SSD or any other Intel SSD. At Gillware, we offer risk-free data recovery, where our clients review exactly what we recovered and pay only if they decide we succeeded.
i want to share my HP elitebook 8460p with SSD 320 series problems.
Hard drive Specifications :
1. Model Number : INTEL SSDSA2BW160G3H
2. Model SERIES : INTEL SSD 320 SERIES 160 GB (show as 8 MB in intel SSD toolbox)
3. Serial Number : BAD_CTX 0000013F (shown in intel SSD toolbox)
4. Firmware : 4PC10365
1. Bluescreen error in windows vista enterprise 32 bit after automatic update in my company.
2. After restarting the notebook i got the following message in the startup "REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE". My windows wouldn't even start.
3. I connect my SSD into another computer as secondary drive and boot to the windows. Check in the disk management, i found my harddrive is only 8 MB. Many of the forum called this "8 MB BUG". Note : my SSD harddrive is not shown in my computer.
SOLUTIONS TRIED :
1. HP software & driver : I downloaded "Intel Solid State Drive (SSD) Firmware Update" on website "[URL="http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5056943&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5056942&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2097"]http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5056943&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5056942&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2097[/URL]" and trying to do install SP52887 directly from windows and it says "setup status : this harddrive model is not supported : ST380013AS" which is my first harddrive (not the SD). The most updated firmware, i try to install SP5508 and it says "update status : This harddisk model is not supported". SP52887 installer is also comes with disk images to update firmware from boot process, i also do this and it says "your harddrive is having the latest firmware, no upgrade is needed". So, i think i have no luck with HP software & driver.
2. Intel SSD toolbox : I downloaded Intel SSD toolbox from website "[URL="http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455&lang=eng%20"]http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455&lang=eng%20[/URL]" and i cannot update to the latest firmware because of i have the latest firmware already. The only thing left is "SECURE ERASE" and it's the last thing i want to do because it will delete all the data in the SSD hard drive.
Anybody know how to fix SSD 320 series harddrive without secure erase it ?