I've just bought the INTEL S3420GPLX Server Board to build my private server.
1) I want to setup RAID on my HDDs.
What should I choose and why:
a) Intel Matrix
b) Intel Embedded Server RAID Technology II
c) Windows RAID (in Disk Management)
I'm also interested in:- differences between a) and b),
- if any of them hardware RAID.
2) I have GPLX version of my motherboard. On Intel website, in product specification, there is information that it should have
Intel RMM3 included, but BIOS tells me that this module is not present. I CAN ping IP address (assigned in BIOS) of NIC1,
but I'm unable to connect to https://<IP>/. Port scanner shows, that only ports that are available are 22 and 6xx (don't remember it exactly).
- Why I am unable to access RMM3?
- Where can I find mmconfig.exe?
3) What the hell exactly is BMC and how can I access to all of it options?
4) I am very confused about BIOS settings: in Product Technical Product Specification, on page 42, there is mentioned
that board S3420GPV (so lower model than mine) has options to control PWM FAN speeds manually. In my board's BIOS there are
no options about hardware monitoring like temperatures and FAN speeds. I'm really sad about this, because after firmware update (full
update: BMC, SDR, FDR and BIOS) my FANs are running at full speed - this is deffinitely too loud for me.
- I HAVE NON-INTEL CHASSIS (it is too expensive for me, especially that this server will be used for private purposes),
- I was trying to modify GP17.sdr file (which I included in attachment: other.sdr.txt) but it didn't work,
- I've put jumper on Chassis Intrusion - no change,
- All my FANs are high quality REVOLTEC products, with PWM,
- I've tried to set BIOS options to OLIT, 300m or less, Acoustic.
- I've searched entire Intel Community forum and pages found by Google - no change,
- SEL shows nothing interesting.
I'm really resigned now, I don't know what should I do next.
Please help! I would finally star enjoining my server!
other.sdr.txt.zip 2.1 K