I installed originally with the CD, but have upgraded drivers since then.
I came back to see if there were any new drivers that I should load, and had this problem.
Windows 7 system with IE8 browser
M/B Intel: DX38BT Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 - 2.66GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Socket 775 Memory Corsair Dual Channel 8192MB PC10600 DDR3 1333MHz Memory (4x2048MB) Graphics Diamond Radeon HD 3850 Video Card - Viper, 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0 P/S Ultra 1000W
I do have the latest BIOS. I put it in a long time ago when I was having so many problems.
I was returning for one last shot at drivers to finally stabalize it.
This board has been problematic to say the least, reboots whenever it wants to, with both Win7 and Linux.
Reboots are random, sometimes weeks in between, sometimes every hour or less. System performance is so-so (worse in Windows than Linux for sure).
I had so many problems with RAID that I gave up on it (for one thing it rebuilds every time it rebooted and I have a lot of disk)
I need to have my computer available and solid, this board has never provided that.
As such I have decided to toss it and try to find a MB that I can trust.
It saddens me a bit because I bought the board based on my belief that Intel would be the superior product. Oh well, I was wrong.
I have built a lot of PCs in my time (I'm an old **** now), guess its time to build the next one.
I do have the Intel Desktop Control Center installed, not sure what desktop utility you are referring to.
I do not overclock and in fact long ago (and several times) reset all BIOS setting to default in hope of stablizing the system.
Looks like the last chipset file I installed was INF_allOS_22.214.171.1245_PV.exe, around 1/22/10.