To discover Intel vPro Technology systems using the Intel SCS Standalone System Discovery Utility, do the following:
- Download the latest Intel Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) package from the Intel® download site (link). The download package includes a user guide for the utility.
- Deploy the Standalone System Discovery Utility to each client using your third-party management tools.
- Run the Standalone System Discovery Utility to collect the data. The data will be placed in the Windows* registry.
- Retrieve the data from the Windows registry on each client and collect it into a central database. The data on each client is stored in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\SystemDiscovery (32-bit and 64-bit operating systems) and at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\SystemDiscovery (64-bit operating systems). Refer to the User Guide for details on each registry key.
How can I remotely retrieve the registry values? There are several tools available to remotely retrieve registry values. For example, the Microsoft* Remote Registry PowerShell module can be used to retrieve the values. (See: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/PSRemoteRegistry)
- After you have collected the data you can then generate various reports to help in planning your Intel AMT deployment. For example, the AMTVersion data will help you understand which Intel AMT features are supported by the client by looking up the list of features in the Intel vProTechnical Reference Guide (available here on the Intel vPro Expert Center).
For more information, refer to the Intel SCS Standalone System Discovery Utility user documentation.
Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel and vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.