Version 3.2.1 of the Intel vPro Technology Module for Windows Powershell
Module download attached to article below
The 3.2.1 version of the Intel(r) vPro(tm) Technology module for Microsoft* Windows* PowerShell* has just released.
Microsoft’s implementation of Windows PowerShell allows IT professionals to achieve greater control and productivity of their environment through a powerful command line shell and scripting language.
Within this scripting language's consistent syntax and utilities the PowerShell Module for Intel vPro Technology will allow IT professionals to extend their PowerShell reach to include direct manageability of Intel Core vPro Processor clients independent of power state or Operating System health.
This release of the PowerShell Module for Intel vPro Technology includes the following features in addition to all the features from prior releases:
- Updated AMTGUI
The new and improved GUI supports passing in options such as credential and hostname. Multiple clients can be added in the hostname field. Integrated help for all commands can now be accessed directly in the GUI.
- Fast Call for Help
- User Consent
- SOL for IDER and BIOS Setup boots.
- Ability to pass in in custom xml configuration file.
- Made 3PDS easier to use
- Fixed multithreaded IMRSDK blocking issues
The IMRSDK features of the module can now be used in a multithreaded environment.
- Native Fast Call for Help cmdlets added
All cmdlets in the module have the ability to be transparently routed through a FCFH MPS proxy. As well, four new MPS cmdlets were added:
- Added AlarmClock to the AMTSystem PowerShell drive provider
The AMT alarm clock can now be read via the AMTSystem drive provider.
Defects resolved in the 3.2.1 release
stop-amtider: Correctly handles no imrsdk present
stop-amtider: Correctly handles no connections present
get-amtider: Correctly handles no imrsdk present
disable-amt: Correctly reports operation status
x86 package is correctly versioned
Known Issues in the 3.2.1 release
- If the 3.2.1 module is installed when a previous version exists both will be listed in the add/remove section of the control panel. Do not remove the previous version after installing 3.2.1. If it is removed, to repair the installation run setup.exe and choose the repair option.
- The Windows Powershell Module for Intel(r) vPro(tm) Technology requires Powershell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 to function properly. These are provided automatically with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. For earlier versions of Microsoft Windows. Refer to the kb article located at the following website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968930.
- Remote Configuration is not supported from a Windows XP based console. Windows XP does not send the full certificate chain Intel(r) Active Management Technology expects resulting in a trust error. Windows 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008 all support the protocol, however Server 2003 requires a hotfix KB960804.
- The Powershell Drive Provider feature works only on Intel(r) vPro(tm) clients with Intel(r) Active Management Technology v3.2 or greater.
- The UUID reported from systems with AMT firmware 5.1 is incorrect. The first three words have their bytes reversed.
- AMT AlarmClock driveprovider is read-only.
Est. download time:
<1 min under LAN conditions
- Sandy Bridge Platforms with AMT firmware 7.0 or greater
- Piketon/Calpella Platforms with AMT firmware 6.0 or greater
- McCreary Platforms with AMT firmware 5.0 or greater
- Montevina Platforms with AMT firmware 4.0 or greater
- Weybridge Platforms with AMT firmware 3.0 or greater
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 / Server 2008 R2
- Powershell v2.0 or greater
Available In This Download:
- Intel Core vPro Processor PowerShell Module Installer
- License Agreement