Intel® vPro Activator on LiveCD
Intel® vPro™ Activator on LiveCD is a self-contained Linux environment with Intel vPro activation software, which can fit on a USB key thumb drive. It allows you to activate your Intel vPro clients without configuring a DNS alias for a provisioning server or using the Bare-Metal Configuration option in Intel AMT (which some OEMs turn off). See Quick Usage Instructions below.
Est. download time:
45 sec. under LAN conditions
Available In This Download:
- Trimmed down Linux* environment based on Ubuntu* 8.10 with Intel vPro activation software
- ISO Image Customization HOWTO Document
- Activator LiveCD HOWTO Document
Intel® vPro Expert Center:
Intel® Manageability Forum
Quick Usage Instructions
- Download the Activator LiveCD and unzip it.
- Burn the image to a USB-Key using the Fedora Live Creator. Use the "Browse" button to select the iso image.
- Plug-in the USB-Key into an Intel vPro platform and reboot it. The system will boot from the USB-Key and you should see the following screen. NOTE: On some systems you may need to change the Boot order. Or alternatively burn the ISO image to a CD-ROM and boot from the CD.
- Now if you have an un-provisioned system that is connected to a provisioning server. the vPro activation SW, will initiate vPro activation and will report the configuration state: until vPro is finally configured by the configuration service.
NOTE: You can also execute standard Ubuntu 8.10 Linux commands from the booted Linux system on the USB drive.