Customers attempting to migrate a disk image with earlier generation Intel® ME software by placing it into a new Intel® ME 7.x platform will encounter an error when attempting to install the Intel® ME 7.x software on the system without first uninstalling the older Intel® ME software. This only applies to attempts to update older generation Intel® ME software – upgrades from Intel® ME 7.x software to newer versions of Intel® ME 7.x software will not experience this issue.
- Before installing the Intel® ME 7.x software, check whether the following registry keys exist:
- On x86 systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HECI
- On x64 systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HECIx64
- If these keys exist, delete them along with their sub-keys.
- Reboot the platform.
- Install the Intel® ME 7.x software.