1. Create a new Intel(R) IoT C/C++ Project on Eclipse, specify the location of the project folder by removing the check on the Use default location box and using the folder where the Eclipse is installed. Click on Next and complete the boxes for Connection Name and Target Name with the IP address of the board.
Note: For this document, the location for the project named iotkit-comm used was the one where the Eclipse folders are located. C:\Intel\iotdk-ide-win\workspace\Project_Name
2. Create a folder to place the iotkit-comm include and library files in the project's folder.
3. Open a Terminal Session on the Edison and copy the following files in C:\Intel\iotdk-ide-win\workspace\iotkit-comm\include
4. Copy the file /usr/lib/libiotkit-comm.so (from the Edison) in C:\Intel\iotdk-ide-win\workspace\iotkit-comm\lib
5. On Eclipse, right click on the project name and select Properties, go to C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross GCC Compiler. Select Includes > Add > File System... to browse for the include folder that was created before and click Apply
It should look like:
7. Go to C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross GCC Linker select Miscellaneous and add -liotkit-comm -ldns_sd -ldl -lm on the Linker Flags, then click Apply and OK
8. Rebuilt your project in Project > C/C++ Index > Rebuild
Note: This process may require to restart the Eclipse IDE