Another NEW 10GBASE-T Server Adapter from Intel!
Intel is pleased to announce the availability of another new 10GBASE-T server adapter! The Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T1 (single port) joins the recently launched Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T2 (dual port) as the latest innovation in Intel’s leadership to drive 10 Gigabit Ethernet into the broader server market. This adapter family hosts Intel’s latest silicon, the Intel® Ethernet Controller X540, which is used by many OEMs as a single chip solution for LAN on Motherboard (LOM) to deliver 10GbE on the latest server platforms.
The MAC+PHY integration drives down both cost and power, enabling broad deployment of 10GbE everywhere in the datacenter. BASE-T is the form factor that is well understood by the industry and is the easiest and most cost effective to deploy. 10GBASE-T is backward compatible with the customer’s existing network infrastructure, providing a smooth transition and natural migration to 10GbE.
Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T1 & X540-T2 Key Features:
- Low pricing - $200 less than Intel’s current solution!
- 10GBASE-T Single & Dual Port
- Passive heatsink
- PCI Express* 2.1 (5GT/s)
- Standard Cat 6a cabling and higher with RJ45 connectors
- Energy efficient design – single chip solution with integrated MAC + PHY
- Unified Networking delivering LAN, iSCSI, and FCoE in one low-cost CNA
- Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and quality of service (QoS) of up to 64 virtual functions per port
- Backward compatible with existing 1000BASE-T networks simplifies the transition to 10GbE
30% lower power
$200 less expensive
The new Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T1 will begin shipping by July 2, 2012.
Backlog orders are being accepted now!