Intel Network Division is pleased to deliver Release 20.0 (codenamed FVL3), a package that contains a new NVM images and Software that will provide customers with numerous new features and benefits when using the Intel® Ethernet XL710 and X710 controllers and adapters.
Highlights of Release 20.0 include:
- QSFP Configuration Utility (QCU) to allow customers migrate from 4x10 to true 40 GbE
- Intel NVM Update Package (NUP), allowing customers to update older NVM’s in the field
- Support for Intel® Ethernet Modular Optical Cables(MOCS) and Active Optical Cables
- XLAUI backplane support for our valued embedded customers
- Major performance and maintenance improvements
Release 20.0 Download links:
NVM Update Package (NUP) must be used with Intel® Network Connections software release 20.0. This package intended to be used to update existing LOM/Embedded NVM’s, which are using the default dev starter NVM’s and can be used to update Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710 based Network Adapter Cards. This will update the NVM version to 4.42.
This Zip file contains all of the Intel® Ethernet network drivers and software for currently supported versions of Windows*, Linux* and FreeBSD* for most Intel® Ethernet adapters as found on the CD that
Includes QSFP Configuration Utility. This requires the NVM already be updated to NVM version 4.42.
Includes updated Preboot images and EFI drivers.
Please note Intel recommends updating the NVM, SW driver and pre-boot images together as they are tightly coupled in XL710. For more details see the documentation provided at the link above for the NVM Update Utility.
Matt Eszenyi, Intel® XL710 (Fortville) PME