An early Christmas present arrived yesterday - the release of McAfee EndPoint Encryption for PCs version 7 (EEPC7)!
Why am I so excited about it? Customers that need a true power\patch with full disk encryption, easy encryption password reset, or remotely remediate common issues can now do so with the integration of McAfee ePO Deep Command and EEPC7. Plus - all of the functions can be enabled for Internet-based clients using connectivity via the McAfee ePO Deep Command Gateway Services.
Four articles with additional details and video demonstrations are shown below. Contact your McAfee or Intel representative for more information and request an onsite demonstration
- Securely Unlock the Pre-boot Authentication environment - Enables unattended power\patching. The schedule and policy can be changed even when the client is already powered off. More information at https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2012/12/19/how-to-use-out-of-band-unlock-pba
- Reset a User's Encryption Password - Instead of using challenge code sequences and belabored processes, enable your helpdesk to set a session specific password reset that is simple to communicate and will help expedite the resolution. More information at https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2012/12/19/how-to-use-eepc-out-of-band-user-management
- Remote Remediation of Common Full Disk Encryption Errors - If the master boot record (MBR) gets corrupted, you experience 92h error, or similar - this can now be resolved remotely without requiring a technician to physically touch the system. For more information see https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2012/12/19/how-to-use-eepc-remote-remediation
- Deliver the McAfee Recovery Tool (EE Tech) Remotely - Additional remote recovery options available via the traditional McAfee EE Tech utility. Using ePO Deep Command including the McAfee KVM Viewer, you can now deliver this utility and have interactive remote remediation sessions. For more information see https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2012/12/19/how-to-use-ee-tech-remotely
The above capabilities will work on clients across multiple versions of Microsoft Windows operating system. In addition, McAfee ePO Deep Command works with Intel AMT configured clients over 802.11 wireless.
For an index of resources on McAfee ePO Deep Command, see https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4157
But wait - there's more!
- Starting with version 6, McAfee EEPC is optimized for Intel AESNI for improved encryption performance
- Starting with version 7 and in connection with 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, McAfee EEPC is optimized with Intel Secure Key. Instead of a software generated encryption key, a higher entropy hardware generated key is used.
- EEPC7 combined with an Intel SSD - fantastic response times when using full disk encryption. (Coming soon - OPAL with Intel SSD drives... even better performance)
Give it a try!