Managed Workplace 2010 by Level Platforms
Level Platforms delivers managed services software for IT solution providers servicing small and midsized end customers.
For the last several years, Level Platforms has been integrating Intel Active management Technology (Intel AMT), built into the all new 2010 Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family, usages into their Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) console. Usages include remote power management and the ability to offer off-hours maintenance by using the integrated Power On and Power Off features; the ability to discover Intel vPro assets out-of-band, even when the system is powered off, for more accurate asset discovery; and proactive monitoring and alerting on system-critical boot events for faster remediation and lower operational costs.
With the recent release of Managed Workplace 2010, Level platforms have integrated support for Intel Serial-over-LAN, and IDE redirection (SOL/IDEr).
Intel SOL/IDEr terminal for Managed Workplace 2010
Users of Managed Workplace will be able to create both SOL and IDE-R connections directly from its web-based central dashboard, the Service Center, so that users can use SOL to boot an unavailable device to the BIOS and view start-up POST messages. These features allow solution providers to rapidly perform tasks remotely for faster remediation of devices that would otherwise be unavailable and require a trip to the customer site.
With IDE‐R, users can mount an image from a network share drive, CD‐ROM or Floppy Disk image onto an Intel vPro enabled device, over a standard network connection. For the Level Platforms solution, the bootable image is located on the Managed Workplace Onsite Manager, an agentless software component at the customer site. Once an IDE‐R session is established from the management console at the service provider’s central Service Center, the Intel vPro enabled device boots from the remote media as if it were directly attached to one of its own IDE channels. With this capability MSPs can now quickly reboot corrupted systems remotely from an image within their customer network, further eliminating the need for an onsite visit.
Intel has published a guide that details the specific steps in Managed Workplace 2010, to execute usages that take advantage of Intel vPro Technology:
More information about Managed Workplace 2010
Best Practices Monitoring and Alerting
• Get up-and-running with 24/7 best practices monitoring, alerting and management with our extensive and growing library of comprehensive Policy Modules.
• Choose from hundreds of Policy Modules from more than 115 vendors.
• Receive immediate alerting on the things that matter, so you can resolve issues fast.
• Use group policies to streamline your operations and lower costs.
Comprehensive Asset Management
• Benefit from automatic discovery of network assets at customer sites and continually updated, accurate information.
• Easily identify obsolete, underutilized and over-stressed assets, optimize configurations, and identify maintenance opportunities.
• Leverage out-of-band monitoring and management for Intel® vPro™ devices and resolve problems on otherwise unavailable machines. Use SOL to boot an unavailable PC to the BIOS, or IDE-R to boot to an image.
• Create lightning-fast connections from any computer with an Internet connection to any Windows or network device at any customer site.
- Fix problems instantly without having to open inbound ports or firewalls.
- Avoid delays and security risks resulting from traditional remote control software reliance on external websites.
• Deploy automated scripting from the Level Platforms Script Library to configure self-heal actions, perform routine maintenance, and or automate any support activity, (for example, software deployment).
• Use extensive automated patching capabilities for Microsoft systems and software based on WSUS, ensuring customer networks are protected with immediate patching direct from Microsoft.
• Configure patches for automated deployment or prior approval.
Automated and On-Demand Reporting
• Collate and compare data easily with compelling reports, including executive summaries, security, performance, server health, asset-related, and work performed reports.
• Use reports to demonstrate your value to your customers, justify new product or project sales, and facilitate budget or infrastructure planning.
• Build your business quickly based on the best practices of successful MSPs.
• Leverage award-winning complimentary business support and technical training.
• Enjoy unlimited access to our comprehensive Partner Portal and forums.
• Work with a dedicated Level Platforms Partner Development Manager (PDM) whose sole responsibility is to assist you every step of the way to success today and tomorrow.