It’s seems like just yesterday that we were leaving Chicago and basking in the innovation on display at HIMSS 15. Actually, since the last show was in April and now the biggest event in healthcare technology is back in its usual calendar slot, we’re ready for the second HIMSS in less than 12 months.
This year, the healthcare technology community is headed to Las Vegas February 29 to March 3, 2016, to see what innovation will be on the healthcare horizon in 2016 and beyond. You should expect to see more conversations around how the patient, and their user generated data, plays into healthcare going forward.
At Intel, we’re approaching HIMSS 16 with a critical eye on three areas that we feel are focal points for CMIOs: precision medicine, health IT and medical devices, and consumer health. All are patient-focused.
To learn more about these pillars, you’re invited to the Intel booth (#3032) to view the latest technology platforms that focus on the rise of patient engagement and consumer generated health data. We encourage you to stop by and take a guided tour, where you’ll see these demonstrations:
- Precision Medicine: From genome sequencing to targeted treatment plan all in one day
- Health IT and Medical Devices: Securely connecting patients, clinicians and their data for proactive healthcare wherever you are
- Consumer Health: Engaging connections among people, their data and care community to empower health ownership
Outside of the Intel booth, you will find our technology in a number of HIMSS Kiosks that showcase real solutions available today:
- Population Health Zone Kiosk #14099: IOT Big Cloud Analytics will share how analytics are helping to proactively improve healthcare
- Connected Health Zone Kiosk #15208: Fujitsu will showcase a communication tool integrated EMR used at the National Cancer Center, personal health record for pregnant women and personal health records for dental solutions
- Intel Security Kiosk and Cyber Security Challenge #9908: Come take the Security Breach Challenge and learn how to combat cybercrime through efficient breach detection and response
Finally, be sure to follow @IntelHealth on Twitter to keep up-to-date on all the happenings going on at the event. We’ll be live tweeting from the show floor and sharing pictures of new health IT products/services that we discover. We’ll also be giving away a Basis Peak watch every day during HIMSS through a Twitter contest so be on the lookout for how you can win.
HIMSS is always a great event and we are looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas.
What are you most looking forward to seeing at HIMSS16? Tweet us @IntelHealth.