Intel today announced four new channel-ready dual-socket motherboards to support the just released Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 product family.
The new boards take advantage of core features of the Intel Xeon processor E5 family, such as Intel Integrated I/O, Intel Turbo Boost technology 2.0 and Intel Trusted Execution Technology. They also address a range of common customer scenarios, from small and medium businesses (SMBs) planning to roll out their first servers to larger, budget-minded businesses looking at enterprise, cloud and high performance computing deployments.
Today’s announcement underscores Intel’s commitment to provide channel partners with the industry’s most extensive server motherboard product portfolio and offers several powerful, flexible and efficient entry level options for channel partners looking to drive new business.
The new dual-socket motherboard offerings include:
- Intel® Server Board S2400SC: A cost-effective, value solution for demanding first server environments, this board supports Intel® Server Management and has expanded I/O with 32 total PCIe* lanes, including 28 PCIe Gen3.
- Intel® Server Board S2400GP: Ideal for mid-sized businesses, the S2400GP includes mainstream 12 DIMM support and flexible I/O with 48 PCIe Gen3 lanes.
- Intel® Server Board S2400BB: Designed for rack mount environments, the S2400BB features 12 DIMM support on 6 memory channels and mainstream 48 PCIe Gen 3 I/O lanes and also provides great configuration flexibility, including multiple boot options like DOM and mSATA modules. It is very well suited for enterprise and cloud computing deployments.
- Intel® Server Board S2400LP: A half-width form factor, the S2400LP will appeal to organizations looking for a cost-effective solution for high performance computing (HPC) and high demand cloud deployments. The board is price and performance optimized with Infiniband* and Dual Gigabit Ethernet capabilities.
The new boards also come with a range of innovative Intel software and services, providing the channel with more ways to boost service offerings, grow revenue and enhance their partner position with end customers. The offerings include:
- The Intel Server Continuity Suite, which delivers software for managing both Intel® Rack and Pedestal Server and Intel® Modular Server products. It offers the channel and their SMB customers a low cost, easy to use server management solution that provides real-time, continuous backup, point-and-click systems management and easy to deploy virtualization capabilities.
- Intel® On-site Repair for Servers, which provides Next-Day onsite repair, is available in all 50 US States and select Canadian cities.
- Intel® Server Component Extended warranty, which adds two more years to the standard three-year warranty.
The new entry level motherboards can be ordered immediately and are expected to ship by the summer. For more information, please go to The Intel Server Edge.