Get ready: SAP SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG (America’s SAP Users’ Group) Annual Conference comes to Orlando on May 5–7.
This is SAP’s premier annual event: an estimated 25,000 people will attend and an additional 80,000 will tune in online. Per usual, the agenda is packed with keynotes, presentations, technical sessions, and demos. It’s a chance for SAP customers to meet with SAP experts and industry partners to learn the latest about mobile, on-demand, and in-memory computing.
Intel will be there too, adding to the festivities by hosting sessions, tech talks and demos—and sharing some innovations of its own.
I encourage you to join these technical sessions presented by Intel experts.
- Microforum Discussion: Co-Innovation on the SAP HANA Platform with Intel and SAP (Noon-12:45 p.m., Tues, May 5, room: LB227). New transaction functionality will be at the performance forefront with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family. Learn how SAP HANA* uses new Intel® technologies to enhance performance for increased scalability, security, performance, and lower cost of ownership.
- Co-Innovation for the Data-Driven World (11am-Noon, Tues., May 5, Lenovo Booth #254). Come meet me in the Lenovo booth! I’ll discuss how Lenovo and Intel have worked together to create a high performance platform optimized for SAP solutions that helps get the most out of data for better business decisions.
Intel experts will also give presentations in partner booths as part of our Intel Partner Passport program. Pick up your passport and make the rounds of our partners’ booths to learn how Intel helped co-engineer the latest platforms based on the Intel Xeon processor E7 family to help gain top performance, scalability and security for a range of partner solutions. Present your completed passport with scans from each of partners to win a rechargeable Beam Flashlight Power Bank* and to be entered into a daily drawing for a new Lenovo* tablet (must be present to win).
- Cisco booth #330: Noon, Tues., May 5 and 12:30 p.m. Thurs., May 7
- Cloudera booth # 438: Stop by anytime to see demos
- Dell booth #218: 2:30 p.m., Wed., May 6
- Fujitsu booth #140: 11 a.m., Wed., May 6
- Hitachi Data Systems booth #228: 2 p.m. Tues., May 5 and 1 p.m. Wed., May 6
- HP booth #302: 1 p.m., Wed., May 6
- Lenovo booth #254: 11 a.m. Tues., May 5 and 11 a.m. Wed., May 6
- SGI booth #168: Stop by anytime to see demos
- Virtustream booth #413: 3 p.m. Wed., May 6
- VMware booth #272: 5 p.m. Wed., May 5
Be sure to stop by the Intel booth (#260) to check out tech talks by Intel partners such as VMware, Fujitsu, SGI, Dell, NEC, Cisco, Cloudera, AWS, Unisys, HP, and Lenovo, who will reveal how they incorporate the new capabilities of the latest Intel Xeon processors to boost performance and accelerate time to insight.
And speaking of partners, Intel is honored to accept two SAP Pinnacle Awards, which recognize commitment by an SAP partner to a joint strategy that delivers unmatched value to customers. Intel came out on top in two separate categories: Platform Co-Innovation Partner of the Year, and Marketing Momentum Partner of the Year. Intel is proud of the recognition, and we look forward to continuing our long collaboration with SAP. Additionally, we are co-sponsoring Tuesday night’s SAP HANA Innovation Award ceremony.
Follow me at @TimIntel and #TechTim for the latest news on Intel and SAP.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.