cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Intel makes pressure on KINGSTON to not deliver firmware update for TRIM for KINGSTON 40GB SSD ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Very scandalous to read today that Intel makes pressure on kingston to not deliver the firmware update for the KINGSTON 40GB SSD (identical product as INTEL X25V) !!!!

Don't forget, Mr INTEL , customer will not forget you !

You propose Intel controleur SSD product for KINGSTON and don't deliver support for your product !!!!

ONLY ONE WORD ! SCANDALOUS !

I hope you will read this post and consider that behind the KINGSTON 40GB SSD , there are customers who has bought a product ! We have bought a product with A support attached on it !!

Thanks for reading this post,

KR,

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel don't even support trim on their own branded G1 products. Looks like Kingston have gone the way a lot of other customers are going to end up going....elsewhere. Short sighted and petty come to mind. Intel are no longer top of the pack so now is the time that customer loyalty will come to play.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Some words were passed and un-wize choices made.

Make it right Intel.

First the compiliers now this.

You've lost all my trust. I cannot trust that my processor is really the faster, cause your hands were breaking the software.

Now you tell , no to Kingston V 40GB having TRIM! . I just bought the drives after like 18 reviews were telling me TRIM is coming.

I want , my drive to be supported by the same Tools and Firmware as the Intel branded drives.

Kingston proved the market, put in the investment. Then sweeps in Intel, breaks bridges and hurts the customer. Again.

Make it right

Do the right thing

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If the Kingston SSD is prevented from having TRIM, I'm asking for my money back. Kingston told us it was on their 'road map' so if they lied I think they should resolve the matter.