Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20670 Discussions

Help! Having trouble with PM965 + igxprd32

idata
Employee

Relevant information:

According to the Intel Chipset Identification Utility, I have the intel chipset: Intel(R) PM965 Express Chipset

I am running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2 on a Bootcamp'ed MacBook.

Problem:

While playing various videogames (The type or size of the game doesn't seem to matter) I constantly get the igxprd32 error that says:

"The igxprd32 display driver has stopped working normally. Save yourwork and reboot the system to restore full display functionality."

I have heard online about people downloading older display drivers in order to fix this problem, but I have spent a frustratingly long amount of time looking on the Intel website and forums and could not find any links to get an older driver.

What am I to do?

Please do not answer with "buy a new (this) or (that)", ideally, I am looking for a solution via downloading relevant software such as graphics drivers for this particular chipset. If you have any links with relevant information or downloads, please share them! Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Does Apple not have a recomended driver?

I would always get the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have not looked to apple for help because I am only having problems while on my bootcamp'ed pc partition.

When I am running Mac on the MacBook, there are no problems whatsoever, however when I am on pc, the igxprd32 crashes. As such, I believe that the problem lies within my pc's graphic drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was under the impression that apple recomended drivers or offered a pack of drivers?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I AM HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER INSTALLED PIRATED VERSION OF WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.THE SYSTEM CRASHES WITH THE MESSAGE THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY FILE IGXPRD32.THEDEVICE DRIVER GOT STUCK IN AN INFINITE LOOP THIS USUALLY INDICATES PROBLEM WITH THE DEVICE ITSELF OR WITH THE DEVICE DRIVER PROGRAMMING THE HARDWARE INCORRECTLY.PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR HARDWARE VENDOR FOR ANY DRIVER UPDATES.STOP0X000000EA(0X89OB79E8,OX89C303A8,OXBA4DFCBC,OX00000001)IGXPRD32.HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM PLEASE ADVISE

0 Kudos