Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

82566DC and Win 7 driver issues

idata
Employee

I am having some issues with a Windows 7 x64 Enterprise RTM machine that has a DG965WH board with the 82566DC Gigabit NIC. I am seeing extremely slow download speeds but upload speeds are fine. I am seeing this issue with the 9.13.4.10 drivers dated 3/26/2009 that are shown as from Microsoft and were included with Win7 RTM. But I am having the same problems with the 9.13.12.0 drivers from Intel dated 6/5/2009.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

I installed a Realtek based 10/100 PCI NIC and it is working as it should.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Those are the ones I tried, once they are installed it says 6/5/09 as the driver date in the properties page.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There has been a very similar problem in this board within the thread called "DP55KG lan issue". This problem appears to be solved as of today. Please do the following:

1. Visit http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/bdb/dg965wh/support/index.htm (Website of your mainboard)

2. Visit link "BIOS & driver updates"

3. Install version 14.6 of the Intel Pro Network Driver (released 10/4/2009)

This fixed the problem for me on Windows 7 x64.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think I'm having the exact same issue. In fact, it looks like whenever I join this computer to my home network all of my other PCs and wireless devices suffer the same slow download speed. I tried to download that package and it says that it's not supported on the OS. I seem to remember going through something similar on Vista when everything was working perfectly I believe using a realtek driver. Then my driver got an update and I had very similar issues. I rolled the driver back and everything worked fine. Is there a driver for the 82566DC that will work with Win 7?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yeah the issue remains forever so far there hasn't been a perfectly working driver for the 82566DC for Windows 7 specially the issue remains a problem on the 64bit versions,not just the download rates are slower but the connection speed is also affected to it which even doesn't allow fast browsing and due to that usage of internet is getting very annoying at the times,as we all have seen the new driver which released recently dated in december shows the same old driver details as the previous one which was 9.13.16.0 dated 9/1/2009 and no difference in the LAN adapter of any sort so lets just hope this gets fixed and comes into the attention soon so the huge issue gets fixed and as you mentioned rolling back the drivers worked for you unfortunately it doesn't work me for either ways its just slow and slower internet all the time on Windows 7 ultimate 64bit version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It worked for me on when I was on Vista. I don't have a solution yet on Win 7 x64. It is extremely annoying. I tore my entire network up to figure out this is what it is. I hope Intel is listening and fix it. Does anyone know if the 32-bit drivers on Win 7 x32 have the same issue, or do they work fine?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yeah you're right Vista did not show any such issues regarding the drivers for the 82566DC but even WIn 7 x32 did not have either as i was using the x64 on vista worked fine then and when i moved to win 7 x32 the driver did worked perfectly that time too,and now when i have the win 7 x64 version installed the story is totally different then the previous experiences its just buggy as anything and has no solution yet for WIn 7 x64 versions at all and its just updates from one to another version without any significant solution to it.

0 Kudos
MWong22
New Contributor II

for D965LTCK, D945GTP and DP35DP Intel Desktop Board, i will Kitchen-Cook my own Intel Mainboard Drivers for Win7. if that succeed, i will post in Forum.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I recently tried to download the PROSet driver package version 15.1.1 from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2775&DwnldID=18713&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2775&DwnldID=18713&lang=eng which when installed showed an Intel driver version 9.13.16.0 dated 9/1/2009 in te device manager. This version did not help my problem either. I still have abysmally slow downloads but blazing uploads when connected via Gigabit. Looks like I still have to use my 100MB PCI card with a Realtek chip.

idata
Employee

I noticed today that there is a new PROSet driver package available. Has anyone tried it out?

Version 15.2, posted on 4/29/2010

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&ProdId=2775&lang=eng

0 Kudos