I'm getting a very headache issue and need your help:
My Dell Precision T7500 equipped with Processors: Intel Xeon X5690
Spec: Intel® Xeon® Processor X5690 (12M Cache, 3.46 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)
It is expected to support Virtualization Technology.
1) From Dell BIOS latest version A13, I have configured to enable VT-x (image bellow).
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit
2) However when running the Intel Processor Identification Utility, the result shown:
Intel Virtualization Technology: No
Intel VT-x with Extended Page Table: No
3) Tested with SecurAble showing the same result:
Hardware Virtualization: No
(Note that if hardware virtualization is capable but BIOS disable the function, then this result will be Loocked-off instead of No).
4) Cannot run VirtualBox Virtual Machines:
VT-x is not available.
5) I have contact Dell and they send me DSET 2.1 (collect system information)
Result of this application saying the reverse result: VT Capable: Yes, Enable: Yes
So it's very difficult for me to explain Dell that VT-x is not function as expected.
As this error present, I cannot run VirtualBox, with VMware and Hyper-V: the 3D Graphic Driver cannot be installed.
Please help to to fix this error.
1) BIOS config:
2) Intel Processor Identification Utility:
3) Tested with SecurAble:
5) Dell DSET 2.1 result:
This processor supports Intel® Virtualization Technology as showing at:
I would suggest testing this processor on another server board, to see if it causes the same behavior.
Keep in mind that if the server board does not support that feature, then it will report the Intel® Virtualization Technology as not supported.