Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20718 Discussions

onboard HD Graphics - Input/Output Range 10000 - 1FFFF not available.

idata
Employee

this is a new build, Celeron G530 and Asrock H61M/U3S3 motherboard, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Everything is working except the onboard Intel HD Graphics.

In normal startup, Device Manager shows only a Code 12 "Device cannot find enough free resources"

There are no conflicts listed for any other device.

In safe mode, Device Mgr resources tab, shows

Input/Output Range 10000 - 1FFFF not available.

but similarly the Device Manager view does not show any other device using that I/O range.

I have the latest driver according to the automatic detection, 8.15.10.2696 from 3/19/2012.

Tried disabling and rediscovering, tried flashing the Bios, tried a WIndows repair install, tried modifying the Northbridge memory settings, nothing seems to make a difference.

Any ideas would be much appreciated..

ta, Doug

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

You could try downgrading driver version to see if this problem is related to the latest graphics drivers

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21030&ProdId=3319&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2832-bit%29*&DownloadType=%0ADrivers%0A

Please bear in mind that above link provides generic driver version. You could also test if your computer manufacturer provides customized drivers for your motherboard model.

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard.

I've tried finding any older driver version, but I can't find one.

Now, I've uninstalled the Intel driver and the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter showing the same memory space as not available.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same here with a MSI Z77-GD65 board. Although the system information tool shows this I/O range as assigned to the Intel HD4000 adapter and marked as "OK", I get the code 12 in the device manager. Older drivers provided by the mainboard OEM do not fix this for me.

Can't imagine that only a few people run into such a problem 🙂

Rest of hardware: AMD Radeon 7950, Samsung SSD 830, 2x HDD, 1x LG Bluray, 8GB RAM. Nothing exotic, IMO.

idata
Employee

I investigated this topic a bit more: I tried to setup a clean system on a free partition and got it working easily. First, I installed Windows. Next step is to install the Intel mainboard / chipset drivers. Now after installing the Intel display drivers, the HD4000 was working. All other drivers installed afterwards, including the AMD Radeon drivers, were functioning properly.

While examining the allocated ressources, I found out that the HD4000 seems to have a somewhat different setup here: Instead of IRQ 11, shared with SMBus driver, it gets its own IRQ (0xFFFFFFFD or similiar) and does NOT allocate the I/O range 10000-1FFFF.

When looking at the device manager, the working installation shows the Intel HD4000 as the first device instead as the second. So I think the order of the driver installation does matter as it seems not to be possible to change or reset the order of the device initialization at startup time (without being a Microsoft Windows registry expert ;-)).

idata
Employee

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Heiko.

I ended up using sysprep to reset my hardware info rather than a fresh install, but the effect was the same. See http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html this post for the instructions and warnings (backups recommended, have to reactivate Windows, etc.) associated with this method. I was able to reactivate online and so far I haven't had to do any reconfiguration aside from re-pinning apps to the taskbar.

My specifics: Error code 12 for Intel HD 4000 Graphics; i7-3770k; GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

idata
Employee

Heiko and Ben, thank you for your responses to this posting. I used Ben's method with sysprep following http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html this post and it worked for me as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks Heiko - I'll try a fresh install of Windows.

I also tried an install of Ubuntu v12 and it detects and loads the driver without problems, so it's clearly a Windows problem rather than an hardware or bios issue.
0 Kudos