Yes it does but it is a pain to set up:
1.) Make a USB Provisioning Stick for v6 (no Power Control and IDE Redirection) and set a new password from the default and provision with the v6 USB Stick and ignore all the errors.
2.) To enable Power Control and IDE Redirection, make another USB Provisioning Stick but for v7 and use the new password set previously.
Look in the DHCP Client table for the IP of the system and connect with (for example) VNC Plus Viewer AMT and connect to the IP without a domain name, you can disable the warning for FQDN (fully qualified domain name) in the VNC options.
Remote or Bios provisioning / static IP / AD integration etc is not working for me.
We have just purchased the same board here.
The ME Bios is located in another area.
Turn on the computer, press CTRL-P, Continuously until it appears. That seems to do the trick. they changed the layout and options slightly as well.
Thanks to this thread I actually managed to get into the ME BIOS via CTRL-P, as there is no other information anywhere that I could find about getting in there. Even in the documentation regarding getting into the ME BIOS is missing. No mention of CTRL-P.
I was able to set-up and configure the AMT by using the Windows-Software "Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS)". In the archive, IntelAMTSCS\ACU_Wizard\ACUWizard.exe is doing its job fine.
In order to use this software, you have to install the Management Engine Driver. As far as I remember, I have installed version 188.8.131.524, which doesn't lists our DQ77MK, but it works. At that moment, the ME driver listed on the support page of the DQ77MK was too old. But in the meanwhile, they released a new version: 184.108.40.2062 (Download-Center).
By the way, there is a BIOS-Update available, too: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21540/eng/MK_0048_ReleaseNotes.pdf
I was unable to access the DQ77MK's AMT settings for a long time, but I recently identified a bug in firmware version 0054 (which may also exist in earlier versions): When Video Optimization is set to Enabled, CTRL-P is ignored during startup, so MEBx / AMT configuration settings cannot be accessed. I also got a Runtime exception at one point: "Failed to detect graphic output mode.' Code 21495812, tag 0x089328c5c20a9047"
This may explain why some people can access it and not others - I configured my BIOS before proceeding to the AMT settings.
I've notified Intel email support about this, and am waiting to hear back from them - hopefully with a fix in a new BIOS version.
Hi, I am currently evaluating the Intel DQ77MK Board for its AMT functionality.
I am currently extremely annoyed by the following:
1. No way to configure AMT via the BIOS or separate configuration screen (Ctrl-R etc).
2. Current (latest) SCS Console (220.127.116.11) prepared provisioning USB Sticks do not work properly.
Trying to provision in 7+ Desktop mode fails with the Error "DataEntry from an USB DataREcord is invalid" and then "USB Provision flow Error".
Provisioning with USB stick prepared with <6 desktop mode works partially (no power state control).
Reprovisioning with 7+ after 6 (using new password) works to setup power state control... but what a pain.
3. IDE Redirection is extremely slow. I was trying to setup Windows7x64 without DVD drive via AMT. The expanding files section took an hour!!!
4. #3 would not be so much of a problem if I could just leave it unattended, but no, automatic disconnect after 60 seconds of mouse inactivity? And that disconnects IDE Redirection? YUP. SERIOUSLY!? Do you expect someone to sit there a full hour to move a mouse?!
5. After installing a DVD drive I finally installed Windows7, without AMT, only to find that the Link speed of the AMT NIC is stuck at 10mbps. Well no wonder IDE Redirection was so slow.
6. If I do anything via AMT the link speed is reduced to 10mbps and stays there until I do a full 30 second power off!! And I mean unplug the damn PSU kind off power off. So it has nothing to do with any OS drivers.
The above problems are extremely aggravating!
Are these known problems? Will there be a fix? When?
Thanks and regards