Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Update: Intel HD 3000 Graphics Doesn't detect "DENON A/V Receiver" as HDMI Audio Device

idata
Employee

UPDATE:

I just discovered a good clue on my problem.

I always use my A/V Receiver to connect HDMI devices, but today i tried connecting directly my Samsung TV to the Macbook and Intel (HD) Graphics Audio recognized the TV and a new "Playback Device" appeared in the Windows menu.

So the currently problem is that (just in Windows 7, since in OS X HDMI audio is working with DENON A/V Receiver):

Intel HD 3000 graphics is not detecting as an "HDMI audio-capable device"

More information:

- My denon A/V receiver ( DENON AVR-1712 ) is sucessfull detected by my netbook with Intel G45 Express Graphics, but not working if i use Intel HD 3000 graphics on my MBA.

- Nvidia and Ati HDMI Audio drivers recognize my Denon AVR without problems also.

- I can't test this in another HD 3000 graphics gpu, since my Macbook AIR is the only but i think the problem is related to this GPU driver.

----------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi, i wanted to report this.

"Intel(R) Display Audio" is not working in Macbook Airs mid-2011. These laptops have an Intel HD 3000 Graphics but there is no way to use Digital Audio under Windows 7 x64 SP1. (Digital Audio works fine under Mac OS, but Mac OS is very slow playing heavy HD videos unlike Windows).

Specs:

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

I see you are using a the latest version of our graphics driver 8.15.10.2656, since this is a generic driver I recommend you using a customized driver for your Macbook therefore please contacting the manufacturer and check if this driver is available.

Most of OEM manufacturers have developing customized drivers according the specifications of these systems.

Regards,

Dago MC.

idata
Employee

Hello again,

Today i reinstalled windows 7 sp1 and without turning windows updates etc, installed my manufacturer drivers (Apple Boot Camp: Windows Support Software) but i still have the same problem.

I can see "Intel HD graphics Audio" sucessfull installed but i dont have a way to activate that sound interface.

I don't know if this is a problem from Intel, from Apple...etc.

The only thing i know is that Displayport audio is working fine in OS X but completely not working in Windows 7 x64.

PD: Im using a Windows 7 SP1 retail DVD. (With factory SP1)..maybe i should try a Windows 7 x64 RTM version...but i dont think so since the SP1 version i have starts without display driver and low resolution.

Another info: I think the fix for this is a registered Digital sound interface at the "Playback Devices" menu...in order to be able to choos "Set as Default Device" (Audio Device).

Realtek, ATI and Nvidia sometimes install HDMI Audio device there..Intel does it too (in my Gateway Netbook)...but not in Macbook Air.

Currently, as i said, i have an Intel Audio Device, but it just appear installed in the Device Manager, not installed in the Playback Devices Windows 7 Menu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BIG UPDATE:

I just discovered a good clue on my problem.

I always use my A/V Receiver to connect HDMI devices.

I tried connecting directly my Samsung TV to the Macbook and Intel (HD) Graphics Audio recognized the TV and a new "Playback Device" appeared in the Windows menu.

So the currently problem is that (just in Windows 7, since in OS X HDMI audio is working with DENON A/V Receiver):

Intel HD 3000 graphics is not detecting as an "HDMI audio-capable device"

My denon A/V receiver ( DENON AVR-1712 ) is sucessfull detected by my netbook with Intel G45 Express Graphics, but not working if i use Intel HD 3000 graphics on my MBA.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I would like to borrow this thread since I'm having the same issue but with little differrent equipment.

I have the following:

Denon AVR 3312 (recevier)

Fujitsu FUJITSU ESPRIMO Q910 CI5 computer.

The Graphicdriver is Intel HD 2000 version: 9.17.10.2828 (2012-07-31)

The Soundcard is a Conexant HD Audio and also a High Definition Audio (With Windows7 it would be Intel Display Audio driver)

I have updated BIOS, and both graphic/audio drivers.

I have tested the computer with a PanasonicTV and a Yamaha receiver with good result.

I have tested my Denon receiver with a HP laptop with good result (The laptop has Nivida graphic card instead)

Help appreciated

Regards Christer

0 Kudos
RMcCo4
Beginner

Did you ever figure this problem out?

I am having the same issue with Intel HD Graphics 2500 and my Denon AVR..

The AVR isn't detected as a sound device in windows.. Connecting the computer directly to a display however works.. using the same cable on both..

0 Kudos
RCoel3
Beginner

Hi. I'm with a little worse problem. When passing thru a denon 2113ci,i have not even video. Neither on Windows or bios. Only when connecting directly to TV.

Any clue?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello RodrigoCoelho,

This situation is expected.

I am afraid to say that we cannot guarantee the correct functionality of the component when using adapters or convertors. This is the reason why it works fine when using direct connection.

In your case, I advise you to download the latest driver for your graphics controller at the following link:

If using HD 3000/2000:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23102&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

If using HD 4000 or above:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers

I also recommend you contacting the denon manufacturer to get the latest firmware for the device.

0 Kudos