I would like a confirmation of the following power measurement scheme I have concluded to, after reading relevant material. I wish to only read power conspumption of the entire chip (voltage and current of the 3V3SCC source) from the MCPC with a high refresh rate (not like the sccBmc -c status refresh time). So I plan to do the following:
1. Turn off the i2c interface (telnetting to the BMC etc.)
2. Use a core of the SCC to enable bit 11 of the 0x0842 address and also bits 7 (for 3V3SCC voltage) and 9 (for 3V3SCC current).
3. From the MCPC, use sccDump -s 0x08424 to get the 3V3SCC current and sccDump -s 0x0841C to get the voltage.
4. Keep doing 3 until the measurement campaign is finished.
5. Use a core of the SCC to disable enable bit 11 of the 0x0842 address and also bits 7 (for 3V3SCC voltage) and 9 (for 3V3SCC current).
6. Turn on the i2c interface (telnetting to the BMC etc.)
How do you think of the above steps? Is any step redundant?
I especially was unclear weather there is an overlap between steps 1&2 (and 5&6 as well). Namely, is the i2c on/off command related to putting the Power Measurement Controller into normal/measurement mode? (I think not, but wasn't sure)