Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

HD3000 - Where are the 2559 drivers? I only see 2509 on the site... New drivers soon?

idata
Employee

Downloaded 2559 last night, but they have been completely removed from the site. Now only the 2509's are up for download. Is there a new set on the way Intel?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Older drivers work much better, more problems with the new drivers... although I hope they do come out with something better, but then again anything is better than the 2559 drivers... I'm currently using the 2202 drivers and they are doing the job much better than the 2559,2559 used to cause my computer to crash... atleast not I can play some games...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So if older drivers are better does that means that the 2559 is the worst since it's the newest? If so then I' am better off using my OEM drivers that came with my laptop since those drivers are probley older than the 2559 and would work better if you say that older is better. The driver version for my OEM driver is 2182 is the last 4 numbers. I have a Sony laptop that has Intel HD graphics not the 2000 or 3000 series though.

Also I know that Sony makes there drivers so maybe even there driver version is lower but it might be a new driver I don't know though.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

To say older drivers are better is basically a nonsense. Don't listen to Albrecht, he is a troll. 22xx drivers are ~10% slower on HD3000 graphics. Make sure you are using at least driver build 2361.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Are you saying that that guy is a ugly little monster?? lol But anyways are the drivers that come from Sony are the best for laptops like mine? Or is it best to use the drivers from Intel to update them? I heard about OEM drivers have been customized and stuff to make it work right for certain laptops but is that true? Or is it totaly ok to use the drivers directly from Intel basicly the generic drivers?

0 Kudos