Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

HOW DISABLE VERTICAL SYNC USING COMMANDLINE OR REGISTRY?

idata
Employee

HOW DISABLE VERTICAL SYNC USING COMMANDLINE OR REGISTRY?

Hi,

I have got Intel HD 3000 Graphics

Is there any easy way for SET DISABLE "V-Sync" using commandline or registry? A lot of people are trying to turn off vertical sync through the control panel, but you can't because it doesn't have the option.I'm trying to play Counter-Strike 1.6. I don't understand why this has to be such a big issue. Considering Intel sponsors EG, who is a professional Counter-Strike team. Is there an easier way to disable Vertical Sync through the commandline or registry. Please help me. I want to help get this issue resolved for every single person having this problem. If I figure it out myself I'll definitely let you guys know, I definitely need your help though, because I tried everything. Thank you!~Thomas

0 Kudos
17 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

To disable Vsync on the Intel® HD Graphics family controllers you need to follow these steps:

- Access the OpenGL 3D settings here: Start " Control Panel " Personalization (or Appearance and Personalization) " Display Settings (or Display " Adjust resolution) " Advanced Settings " Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver or Intel(R) Graphics and Media Control Panel tab " Graphics Properties... button " select Advanced Mode (if prompted to select an application mode) " select OpenGL or 3D Settings (or 3D " enable Custom Settings). (on Microsoft* Windows* 7 and Microsoft* Windows* Vista*)

To disable vsync on older Intel® graphics products, set Asynchronous Flip to On and click Apply. With newer Intel graphics products, set Vertical Sync to No and click Apply.

Keep in mind that the Intel® graphics drivers do not support disabling vsync for Microsoft DirectX* games or applications.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You can NOT disable vsync through the graphics properties. There is NO option to. The only options listed are "Application Settings" and "On". There is no way to turn it off. I followed your directions. There isn't any option to "select OpenGL or 3D Settings (or 3D " enable Custom Settings" Once I open the graphics properties and click 3D Settings I click custom settings and there isn't an option to turn this off. It's the graphics card. "Intel HD Graphics 3000" It's not like past graphics card properties. I am familar with them. This one sucks. Any new options?

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

The option was available in the older GUI, it won't work this way with the newer HD graphics. This is something Intel should resolve with the upcoming 4.0 GUI. I mean Vsync is something basic, it can't be that difficult to implement.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

blah.... such a stupid error. i hope they resolve this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is no option to choose close Vsync.I searched everywhere but i can't find to solve this problem.Please solve this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear INTEL,

there is no "Off" option for vsync in 3D options of intel graphics. We want to force this and not to leave it on application.

There are so many threads trying to resolve this BUG with intel graphics.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=82276 http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=82276

http://communities.intel.com/thread/26526 http://communities.intel.com/thread/26526

http://communities.intel.com/message/134891 http://communities.intel.com/message/134891

We are really patient about this for a long long time.

Please do something about it.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

March 2012 and still no fix? God. Intel sucks.

0 Kudos
Jx7
Beginner
0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

November 2013, still no fix

0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

November 2013, still no fix

0 Kudos
spill1
Beginner

February 2014, still no fix

0 Kudos
TV2
Beginner

May 2014, still no fix

Best customer care prize goes to... INTEL

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi all,

Please note that the Intel® HD graphics Control panel provides the option to the user to Set Vertical Sync as "Application Settings" meaning that if you are running a game you must check if the game has the option to disable this feature internally but I regret to say that this cannot be disabled at the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.

0 Kudos
ehayn
Beginner

August 2015

Still ASS

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The option that you are looking for is not available on our graphics application.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
dfgrr
Beginner

2022 Intel command center beta and no working option

0 Kudos
Batıkan
Beginner

Hello

I would like to give you important information about Intel®'s monitor screen refresh/scanout frequency (screen refresh/scanout time) synchronization for 3D (3 dimensional) program softwares in Intel® HD Graphics and Media Control Panel. As you know, Intel® Graphics and Media Accelerator Driver in Windows® Vista™ and the older Windows® operating systems supports monitor screen refresh/scanout frequency synchronization for 3D programs which are their engine is OpenGL® based. You can see this as Asynchronous Flip (the page flipping process of the front video frame buffer and the back video frame buffer of a 3D program's engine synchronous or asynchronus with the monitor screen refresh/scanout frequency.

With the Intel® Core™ processors family in 2010, monitor screen refresh/scanout frequency synchronization feature was added for 3D programs which their engines are DirectX® based. But unlike Intel® Graphics and Media Accelerator Driver, NVIDIA Control Panel (when Vertical Synchronization is set to "On" and AMD/ATI Catalsyt™ Control Center (when Wait for Vertical Refresh (Wait for V-Sync Signal)) is set to "Always On" (for OpenGL® based 3D programs only) this feature doesn't override 3D program's internal v-sync (vertical refresh/scanout synchronization) option. When the Vertical Synchronization setting is set to "On" in Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel and if 3D program's internal v-sync setting is also turned on, then Intel® Processor Graphics driver doesn't intercept with the Direct3D library/API file and the 3D program's engine, in other words 3D program's own screen refresh/scanout frequency synchronization configuration is used. Also, as soon as the v-sync setting is turned off in the 3D program's interval v-sync setting from its video settings menu, the Intel® Processor Graphics driver intercepts with the Direct3D library/API file and the 3D program's engine on the fly and can run the 3D program synchronous with monitor's screen refresh/scanout frequency. You can test this yourself. Run any 3D program you like (for example your favorite game) in full-screen at any monitor screen refresh/scan frequency you like (for example 60 Hertz, 50 Hertz, 40 Hertz) with a video fps counter utility program like Fraps™ while the Vertical Synchronization setting is set to "On" in Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel and turn the your 3D program's internal v-sync setting off while your 3D program is running in full-screen mode. You are going to see that the Intel® Processor Graphics driver can intercept with the Direct3D library/API file and your 3D program's engine on the fly and can run your 3D program synchronous with your monitor's screen refresh/scan frequency you have set.

What I want to explain is the Intel® Processor Graphics driver supports DirectX® monitor screen refresh/scan frequency synchronization (Vertical Refresh/Scanout Synchronization) for 3D programs which don't have v-sync setting in their engine or don't work due to a software bug or for some reason the user don't want to use 3D program's own internal v-sync setting.

This topic is old but the last post was posted in this year so I wanted to write this message. Thank you for your understanding and taking your time to read.

The reason for editing: due to the lack of a few words.

0 Kudos