Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

On going problem with C&C: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge

idata
Employee

Very annoying problem...I first had a H67 board with HD 2000 and game didn't work and now I tried runing it with the Intel HD 3000 chip and it doesn't work either (same exact problem), I get to the menu and no animation, problems with the menu itself, in short, you can't play the game. I also tried running it through Lucid as the dedicated graphics card runs the game no problem, I get a DDRAW.dll error 80004005. Only way to play the game is connection the monitor to the dedicated graphics card...VERY annoying. I looked this problem on google and found out people who have Intel HD graphics on their laptops got it to work by setting the power settings in the IGP control panel to "High Performance" but that option obviously does not exist on the desktop machines. It's very ironic that it does work on undergraded IGP on laptops and not on the IGP HD2000/3000.

Please fix your drivers Intel.

0 Kudos
52 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

Intel appreciates your feedback on this matter. Thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue to us.

If your games are not playing at all, see if you can adjust game settings, lower screen resolution or even changing some 3D settings within Intel Graphics Control panel. Also, try checking some game troubleshooting information available at:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-010486.htm?wapkw=(game+troubleshooting http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-010486.htm?wapkw=(game+troubleshooting)

If you are interested in additional information check here:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-032052.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-032052.htm

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I already read and done everything possible. Intel needs to fix the drivers! This game works on older intel hd integrated graphics some old laptops have so it MUST work on HD2K/3K.

Just fix the drivers... !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

anything new? Getting desperate here...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am having the exact same problem on two of my PC's with HD Graphics 2000. Is there going to be a fix?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem.

I like this game so much but I can not play it.

My PC's HD Graphics 3000 (Core i5 2500k, Main board Asus P8H67-V, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit).

It's a long time to wait for a driver.

Is there going to be a fix? Please let me know, I will buy a discrete graphics card or wait for a driver from Intel.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I also have this problem. It's very annoying.

My hardware:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

(with integrated graphics)

Thinkpad X220

Please fix this, Intel!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem here with Tiberium Sun and C&C Red Alert 2. H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I knew many people will find this thread. As of now, I have the latest intel display driver for my hd 3000 and game still can't be played. Very annoyed considering the fix is probably so simple for an Intel coder to do.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Same problem here with Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, a lot of people still play to this game. Intel please fix your drivers.

Config : Core i7, Intel HD 3000 8.15.10.2559 + nVidia GT525M, Win 7 x64

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Spam the thread boys so they'll finally take care of this crap.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have to agree that this problem is intel based, and that this needs to be fixed. We are not the first ones with this problem, and I'm sure it wouldn't take longer than an hour for an Intel programmer to fix this. Some people have got the game working by turning the power to high performance, so it is solvable, but this didn't solve it for me.

Please update your drivers intel, or at the very least reply to this thread and help us resolve it ourselves.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Found a solution for those with dual GPU (e.g nVidia GT525M & Intel HD 3000 in my case) :

- Right click on desktop->screen resolution

- Click the Detect button. Unconnected screens will appear.

- Extend desktop to a VGA connection on the Intel GPU

- Drag the 2nd screen to the corner of the primary screen so the mouse boundaries of the primary screen will remain (almost) the same.

- Click OK/Apply

Taken from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1532786# post1532786 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1532786# post1532786, not really for games but it's working.

I don't have any slowdown with this config in the [Video] part of RA2MD.ini:

AllowHiResModes=yes 

VideoBackBuffer=no

ScreenWidth=1920

ScreenHeight=1080

StretchMovies=no
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem.

Config1 : Core i5-2400, Intel HD 2000 8.15.10.2559, Win 7 x32.

Config2 : Core i5-2410M, Intel HD 3000 8.15.10.2559 + nVidia GT520M, Win 7 x32.

Еxcept Red Alert 2 the same problem in C&C: Tiberian Sun (same engine) and Space Rangers 2.

Intel have really no time to read and answer on this topic? O_o

Bad news to be competitive brand.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Problem still not solved with 8.15.10.2598 drivers 

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same on 15.22.54.2622.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I as well have been struggling for years with this problem. Luckily, I just found out the following solution.

Using the latest driver, version 8.15.10.2559, and Windows 7 x64, do the following:

Right click on Desktop

Select Screen Resolution

Click Detect (with no additional monitor connected)

Next to your first display, you'll see a grey square with the text "Another display not detected"

Click on the grey square

Next to "Multiple displays" it will say "No display detected"

Click on "No display detected"

A drop-down menu will appear

Select "Try to connect anyway on: VGA"

Click on your primary display (the square with the big "1" in it)

Next to "Multiple displays" select "Extend these displays"

Hit the Apply button and start Red Alert 2 and/or Yuri's Revenge. With me, this solved the problem.

Don't forget to set the Power Saving on Maximum Performance in the Intel Settings screen (in Display Properties, don't forget to choose Advanced Mode) !

Hope this helps!

- My command is your wish -

- Yuri -

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The problem is not solved. INTEL WHY U NO SOLVE IT?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

The Intel engineering department is aware of this thread and they are currently working to get this issue resolved. I still do not have an estimate time of resolution but you can keep checking this post for updates.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At last proper intel reponse.

Let's hope it gets fixed by the next update of drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Allan,

I just tried with the 2696 but the problem still happens

0 Kudos