Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated! Here is a list of the pertinent facts of this issue.
1. I am running a dell xps L702x i7 with intel HD3000 integrated / Nvidia GT555m display graphics / centrino 6300 wifi card all drivers are up to date.
2. Adaptor is Dlink Mainframe DHD 131 with latest firmware
3. Have latest (3.5) widi software
I have a 1080 screen on the laptop and the tv..have been using the widi for one year with no issues. Now when I connect the laptop flips to 720p res. I get the msg."not optimal res for clone display" while this is happening I cannot change any resoluion settings..the menu does not even show 1080.....if I extend the display the laptop will flip back to 1080 as does the tv.....this never happened before.
4. I have two other xps laptops here with widi......they connect to the adaptor and function normally.
5. I have reinstalled software and drivers as well as factory reset the adaptor.....no luck.....
So this is my first post here folks.......hopin someone has run into this curveball as well! Thanks.
Thank you very much for your post Mike.
You can use the following steps to adjust the TV image to fit:
1. To adjust the TV image click on the "Properties" button.
2. In the "Adapter properties" page click on the "Resize TV picture" button.
3. On the next page, click on the "plus" icon to increase the size, or the "minus" icon to decrease the size.
4. When the image is correct click "OK" to return to the previous page.
5. If the image still does not fit the entire TV screen, try adjusting the TV settings (refer to your TV manual for diplay resizing- fit to screen/wide/etc).
You may also check the following link for further information:
Intel® Wireless Display: How do I adjust the TV display image to fit the entire screen?
I hope this helps
Hello Victor, thanks for the reply but it is not related to resizing the pic on the tv. when i connect in duplicate display mode my RESOLUTION flips from 1080 to 780 on its own on both tv and laptop....if i extend the display it will trigger back to 1080 on both screens (again by itself) but i cannot run duplicate display in 1080 res. this computer did run fine for almost a year, not sure if it was the software upgrade that started all this or not...but have rolled back and reinstalled EVERYTHING with no luck....tried Dell they are nicely sending me a new wireless card so i can rule out hardware. Mike