I gave up on a fix and bought a different tuner card to replace the Hauppauge one I was using. You can get mini-PCIe tuner cards pretty cheap off eBay. I bought an AverMedia one (H323) for about the same price I sold my old tuner card.
The only thing is that these cards use a WiFi antenna style u.fl connector and finding a u.fl to coax cable is a bit difficult. On the positive side, there is a cut out on the DH77EB IO shield meant for the coax connector (right above the leftmost USB ports) which is a cool thing Intel decided on including. Here's a picture of a similar setup on a DH61AG to illustrate what I'm talking about:
Whao potsdam you are really observant to notice the hole at the IO shield behind DH77EB ! I though Intel just put a hole there for no purpose.
Intel also causes me to suffer a huge loss as I sell away my precious more expensive PCIe TV tuner for a cheapo USB TV tuner. If USB TV Tuner also got compatibility problem I think Intel can jump down from the building already !
There is no solution from Intel support at this time.
Intel® does not test or verify third party products on its boards. It is up to the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) to make sure that products are compatible. As you have provided links from the OEM, it seems that they are aware of the issue and have passed this on.
If TBS has passed this issue on to Intel® via their sources, then I'm sure a fix will soon be found and a new BIOS will be made available. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you when this is, as we rely on the updating of the Download Center just as much as our Customer.
I'm sorry if we cannot currently assist you with your issue."
TBS is "talking to Intel" regarding the issue. I would suggest contacting TBS for more information.
Problem should be fixed with the ney BIOS 96 for DH77EB an the new one for DH77DF
• Updated VBIOS to version 2143.
• Updated Visual BIOS to version 1.2.1.
• Fixed issue with MSFT KEK * leaf certificate e xpiration.
• Update d processor support.
• Update d Intel® ME 8 firmware to version 184.108.40.2068 .
• Update d RAID Option ROM to version 220.127.116.112 .
• Fixed issue with LAN p acket drop.
• Fixed issue where system does not recogni ze TV tuner cards .
• Fixed issue where certain k eyboards and mice are not detected
• Fixed issue where memory multiplier cannot restore to default
when set ting XMP Profile to automatic or loading default setting.