i have an "acer aspire 4741 notebook" operating on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. i'm a bit worried about my "base score" and would like to improve it.
i've been on the acer 4741 download page and have updated a couple of my drivers that were available there:
1) Chipset > 9.11.1025
2) Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller > 18.104.22.1681
3) Intel(R) HD Graphics (VGA) > 22.214.171.1249
these were the main ones i updated plus a couple others. i can provide a complete list of the drivers i've updated from there. fact is my notebook is just about a year and a half old and have been taking very good care of it. so i'm a bit baffled as to why my base scre should be reading so low.
base score > 4.0
1) Processor - Calculations per second > 6.4
2) Memory(Ram) - Memory operations per second > 5.5
3) Graphics-Desktop - Performance for Windows Aero > 4.0
4) Gaming Graphics - 3D Business and gaming graphics performance > 5.1
5) Primary Hard Disk - Data transfer rate > 5.7
i'm sure most of the drivers on the page are not the latest drivers available but that's what they are offering on the page. i'm now wondering what drivers i need to update to improve the score and if i can download the drivers directly from here.
Please be aware that we provide generic drivers that have not been developed or tested specially for your system. Each motherboard, laptop or Original Equipment Manufacturer can add, remove and change features on the video controllers they implement on their systems. Therefore they provide customized drivers to support such changes. So we always recommend using the latest drivers provided directly by your motherboard or Original Equipment Manufacturer.
If you have already tried the latest driver from your computer manufacturer and would like to try instead the generic Intel graphics driver, you may download the latest generic driver from the Intel Download Center: