* S5500HCV (Latest firmware/bios)
* 1 x HP P410 HBA
* 1 x HP P212 HBA
* 2 x E5504 Xeons
Recently I got some 3TB hard disks, and for the HBA's to detect them, they require firmware > version 3.66 (Which basically means you have to jump to version 5.X).
The process before 5.x firmware:
* Mobo boots, displays initial POST message
* Option ROMs are booted (The RAID card(s) initialise)
* The RAID cards pause for a couple of seconds prompting to "Press F8 to configure"
* Final POST message displays
* BIOS HDD Boot Priority is followed (and the OS starts to load)
The process after 5.x firmware:
* Option ROMs are booted, the RAID cards starts to initialise
* No prompt is displayed, blank screen is presented
* All different firmware versions for the HBA's in between 3.66 and 5.70
* One HBA in at a time
* HBA in different PCIe slots
* BIOS settings
The RAID cards work fine in my PC (X58).
If I choose UEFI assisted boot - the UEFI shell boots fine as no Option ROM is executed in that mode, but I then cannot boot the OS.
Can Intel release another version of BIOS with a "Disable Option ROM on PCIe Slot [X]" ?
Has anyone got any ideas with this?
I'm currently trying to port the OS over to native UEFI (But there's bugger all documentation about how).raid