If you were unable to attend our latest webinar, "Enhancing the Symantec Management Platform (Altiris) with Intel® vPro™ Technology," then you can now view it online. In addition, you can download the PowerPoint slides; you'll find them as an attachment to this posting.
Watch the Webinar
In addition to all of this great info, Terry has provided additional resources to help you get up to speed quickly:
- General questions about the capabilities of Symantec and Intel vPro technology
- Using OOB Discovery and more in-depth on agent-less inventory
- How to define and utilize custom network filters
- Can Symantec utilize the Serial-over-LAN interface?
- Yes – for boot to BIOS or pre-GUI viewing. Serial-over-LAN can provide interface via VT100/ANSI compliant (i.e. text) remote control.
- Learn about additional capabilities of the Serial-over-LAN interface.
- Symantec training course on vPro
- Visit http://education.symantec.com and click “Client Management Suite” under Section 4: Infrastructure Operations.
- Select course AT5500 entitled “Altiris Enhancing Out of Band Automation with Intel vPro Technology.”
- For self instruction (videos are ~2 years old, yet still applicable)
- Index of additional resources and insights to using\configuring\deploying vPro in an Altiris environment