Updated August 2009
These instructions are for Windows 7 builds 7077 and beyond.
Several Intel based platforms contain Management Engine Interface (MEI) and Serial over LAN (SOL) devices. Windows 7 drivers for these devices have been made available to OEMs for currently shipping platforms (2008 / 2009 model desktop and mobile PCs). MEI and SOL Windows 7 driver support for previous generation PCs (2007 desktop and mobile) is planned for early Q1, ’10.
To enable Windows 7 testing and evaluation, prior to driver availability, MEI and SOL Vista drivers, either pre-loaded on your PC or available from the OEM, can be installed on the Windows 7 Release Candidate or RTM OS builds by utilizing Windows 7 compatibility mode. The following instructions can be used to install the MEI and SOL Vista drivers:
- Locate or download the released MEI and SOL Vista drivers from your OEM
- Locate the setup.exe file for the device to be installed
- Right click on the setup.exe and select properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- In the compatibility mode section check the box “Run the program in compatibility mode for:”
- Select the following in the drop down “Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)”
- At the bottom of the properties window set the privilege level by checking the box in front of “Run the program as an administrator”
- Click Apply
- Click OK to exit out of the properties window
- Double click on the setup.exe and follow the normal install/setup steps