Next week is the largest business technology show in North America – Interop Las Vegas 2011. Intel will be raising the bar at Interop to show how the company plays a role in the cloud computing space.
Intel will feature:
- Keynote speaker, Intel Executive VP Kirk B. Skaugen, Vice President and General Manager of Data Center Group, Wednesday, May 11, 9:00-9:25 am with the topic, “Driving the Data Center Infrastructure for the Next Decade.” Kirk will discuss Intel’s Cloud 2015 Vision and how we are helping make this vision a reality with technologies that help IT and cloud providers build out secure, efficient clouds.
- Intel’s Iddo Kadim, will be teaching a class “Client to Data Center Security in the Cloud: Realizing Benefits of End to End Platform Security” on Wednesday, May 11, 1-1:40 pm
- Additionally, Iddo will be on a panel at Monday, May 9, 1:00-1:40 pm discussing “Building Private Clouds.”
Intel will showcase demos and technologies in their booth with the theme of Intel Cloud 2015 Vision, in the Cloud and Virtualization Zone booth #509 at Mandalay Bay.
Many have learned that the Cloud has to be powered by data centers, and the majority of these datacenters are powered by Intel® Xeon® processors. In the booth, Intel, Hytryst and Dell will be demonstrating a new security innovation in Intel Xeon processors called Intel® Trusted Execution Technology. This technology helps to ensure that a server has not been tampered with at the hypervisor level or below, and this hardware integrity checking is a critical component of securely on-boarding workloads between Clouds. Additionally, Intel will be demonstrating client aware computingwith Lenovo. Client-aware computing refers to technology that is aware of the technology and resources at the client-level (for instance, battery life, screen size and processing/graphics capability), and is intelligent enough to take advantages of these resources at the client. At the booth, you will see how cloud providers can use this technology to deliver a richer end-user cloud service. Last, Intel Ethernet representatives will be at the booth talking about the latest Ethernet innovations that help solve I/O efficiency problems.
Intel will also have representatives at the booth talking about Intel® Cloud Builders—a cross-industry initiative aimed at making it easier to build, enhance, and operate cloud infrastructure. At the booth, we will be showcasing the Intel Cloud Builders Guide (eBook) demo that provides a plethora of case studies in the forms of videos, webcasts, podcasts, and whitepapers from many of Intel’s partners and customers who are taking advantage of the Intel Cloud Builders program.
The Intel booth will also show software that Intel has developed to help address security and identify issues for the cloud. This software includes:
- The Intel ® Expressway Access 360, the first solution suite designed to control the entire lifecycle of cloud access by providing single sign-on, provisioning, strong authorization and audit.
- The Intel® Expressway Gateway Service demo, used to abstract, secure, and simplify services and delivers a unique set of features tailor made to integrate, mediate, and scale services in a dynamically changing Enterprise application perimeter.